Monday, March 23, 2009

A New Start at blogging

This is a photo of my mum and I at six weeks







I had a blog on 360 Yahoo and they shut it down so I have started a new one here. I am trying to scan most of the family pics to put on CD to give to each member of the family. It will be fun to sort everything out and have them all in one place. I just finished doing the above collage of my early years to act as a header for this blog. I tried a few years ago to start the project I am now doing. I guess it was too close to my mum and dad passing away.

.









This is me and Grandma Stirling at about a year.

I was born in England in a smallish city at the time Crowborough.

It was at the height of WW II and mum and I travel up to Scotland to stay with her in Edinburgh. Dad had just been shipped out to Sicily. He was a Remie. A mechanic fixing motorcycles and other motorized vehicles. Mum and dad met because mum had a leftover Christmas card and her friend said why don't you send it to my friend's friend Gord his mum just died and he is now an orphan. So she did and the rest is Our Story.

2 comments:

  1. I am excited to see you blogging again.
    I loved your previous blog and looked forward to it each time you published!
    Your daughter looks a perfect image of your mum!!

    ReplyDelete