Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our Wedding

This is me 38 years ago just before we picked up my girlfriend Janet who served as my Matron of Honour. The day was nice a bright and sunny and warm for late March. I wore a shift type dress that had lovely beading around the neck. It had a matching spring coat it was a damask. It was so pretty I wore a white straw hat and that had lovely velvet ribbons. We had my sister Beth my brother Ian and mum and dad. Dad drove. We got married at Old City Hall

Klaus s brother Werner was his best man. I did want a big wedding dress since we were having a civil ceremony. It seemed to take forever to get up Bay Street. The Ceremony was to take place at 1:30 p.m. We started up the street and just got there in time. We all met and went in when it was our turn. It doesn t take long and we did the signing and pose for a couple of picture be for we headed off to the photographers back in Scarborough. Kaye and Werner had to take care of some business at city hall.

Janet mum me Klaus Beth behind Klaus and Beth are Kaye and Werner.
Afterword got in Klaus s car a married couple....I couldn t stop smiling all day and night. The reception was a blur now but we all had a great time and we left the reception and went to Klaus s place that was now our place. We didn leave for our honeymoon until the next day. We had strawberries and champagne for breakfast. We visited my family and off to Florida eventually right down to Key West. It was a wonderful trip. That we repeated for our 25th anniversary our second honeymoon. We had planned an informal reception but people kept wanting the reception line speeches and all that. So I relied on Kaye my new SIL here at the end of the table to coach us on what to do next.


Klaus and I cut the cake. What a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely posting.
    Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks we had a lovely day then and yesterday as well

    ReplyDelete